Ah, the cough. The annoying, persistent tickle in the back of your throat won’t go away. It can be the bane of your existence, especially during cold and flu season.
Did you know that coughing is not a disease but a symptom? Coughing is a common symptom that a variety of factors, including allergies, infections, and underlying health conditions can cause. It is estimated that cough is one of the most common reasons for people to seek medical care, with millions of doctor visits each year. While coughing is often a mild inconvenience, it can also be a sign of a more serious condition, such as pneumonia or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). In some cases, a cough can be so severe that it causes chest pain, difficulty breathing, and even vomiting. Therefore, it is important to take a cough seriously and seek medical attention if it persists or is accompanied by other symptoms.
If you are tired of coughing up a storm and feeling like you’re breathing through a straw? Look no further than Prospan, the world’s No. 1 selling ivy leaf product! This natural herbal medicine made from the Hedera helix plant will have you breathing easy in no time. With its proven efficacy and pleasant taste, Prospan has become a household name for anyone seeking relief from respiratory ailments. So sit back, relax, and get ready to learn why Prospan is the cough remedy of choice for millions of people worldwide.
Ingredients Of Prospan Cough Syrup
Prospan Ivy Leaf Extract Syrup is a carefully curated concoction of the best ingredients that join forces to act as the best cough remedy.
Ivy Leaf Extract
Its active ingredient is ivy leaf extract, sourced from a plant scientifically known as the Hedera helix. Ivy leaf extract has been used for centuries as a natural cough treatment and a remedy for respiratory ailments. It has withstood the test of time and proven itself in many modern-day clinical trials. Numerous studies have investigated the benefits of ivy leaf extract for cough, and the following are some of the key findings:
- Reduces cough frequency and intensity: Enough research proves that ivy leaf extract significantly reduces cough frequency and intensity in patients with acute bronchitis or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- Improves lung function: A study found that ivy leaf extract improved overall lung function in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). It improves the expiratory volume in one second (FEV1), which indicates better lung function.
- Thins mucus: Ivy leaf extract has mucolytic properties. This means it can help thin and loosen mucus in the airways, making the relief easier.
- Anti-inflammatory effects: According to research, Ivy leaf extract has anti-inflammatory effects. This can help reduce airway inflammation and improve respiratory symptoms.
- Safe and well-tolerated: Ivy leaf extract is safe and well-tolerated, with no serious side effects reported in clinical trials.
Overall, the ivy leaf extract is a safe and effective natural remedy for cough and other respiratory ailments.
Menthol is another active ingredient in Prospan M. Menthol is a safe and well-tolerated substance that soothes sore throat and cough. It is used in many herbal medicines and other OTC (over-the-counter) cough treatments.
- Soothes the throat: Menthol has a cooling and soothing effect on the throat, which can help alleviate cough symptoms. According to a 2013 study, menthol can reduce the severity of coughing and improve throat irritation.
- Reduces mucus production: Menthol can also help reduce mucus production in the airways, which can contribute to coughing. A 2012 study found that a menthol-based vapour rub improved cough and congestion in children.
- May improve sleep: Menthol’s soothing effects may also improve sleep quality in people with a cough. A 2021 study found that menthol-containing lozenges improved sleep quality and reduced cough frequency in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease patients.
Natural products containing menthol, like Prospan M, can be an alternative to synthetic cough medications. Natural medication will not harm your overall health and immune system.
Recommended Dosage of Prospan Syrup
Although quite safe to use, Prospan syrup for cough should be taken in recommended dosages only. You should consult your physician first if you have an underlying medical condition or are pregnant.
|Children below 6 years of age||2.5 ml,Twice daily|
|Children 6-12 years of age||5 ml,Twice daily|
|Children over 12 years and adults||5 ml,Thrice daily|
|For Children under 1 year of age and pregnant women, consult a doctor.|
Dosage For Prospan M
|Adults and adolescents above 12 years of age||5 ml,Thrice daily|
Side Effects of Prospan Cough Syrup
Prospan Ivy leaf extract cough syrup is generally considered safe and well-tolerated. However, like all medications, it can cause side effects in some people. Here are some common side effects of Prospan Ivy leaf extract syrup for cough.
- Gastrointestinal disturbances: Prospan Ivy leaf extract syrup can cause gastrointestinal disturbances like nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, and stomach pain in some people. These side effects are generally mild and go away on their own.
- Allergic reactions: Some people may be allergic to Prospan herbal medicine, which can cause symptoms such as itching, hives, swelling, and difficulty breathing. If you experience any of these symptoms, stop taking the medication and seek medical attention immediately.
- Headache: Headache is a common side effect of Prospan. Talk to your healthcare provider if you experience a persistent or severe headache.
- Dizziness: Prospan Ivy leaf extract cough syrup can cause dizziness in some people, particularly if taken at higher doses. If you experience dizziness or lightheadedness, avoid driving or operating heavy machinery.
- Skin rash: Some people may develop a skin rash after taking Prospan cough syrup. If you notice any unusual skin changes or a rash, stop taking the medication and consult your healthcare provider.
It’s important to note that these side effects are extremely rare and not very serious. Most of these side effects may disappear within a few hours. If you notice an allergic reaction, stop using the syrup immediately and consult a physician.
The Bottom Line
It is well established that Prospan Ivy Leaf Extract is World’s No. 1 selling ivy leaf product. It is a reliable cough remedy with natural ingredients that are safe for children and adults. Its variant with menthol, i.e., Prospan M, is also an effective treatment for cough and chest congestion. Furthermore, 11 Clinical trials and 9 scientific studies have proven the efficacy of Prospan in more than 65,000 patients.
Say goodbye to coughs and hello to a breath of fresh air with Prospan Ivy Leaf Extract Cough Syrup! Grab a bottle today, cough less, and live more.
- How is Prospan different from other cough syrups?
Prospan and Prospan M are made from the highest quality ivy leaf extract called EA 575, which is proven to alleviate cough and congestion with no common side effects.
- Can Prospan treat Bronchitis?
Prospan can help improve the respiratory function of people with chronic bronchitis but can not be used as the sole treatment for bronchitis.
- Can Prospan Syrup treat Asthma?
Prospan syrup can improve overall respiratory function and alleviate the symptoms of asthma.
- Is Prospan good for chest congestion?
Prospan ivy leaf extract syrup is one of the best treatments for chest congestion.
- Where can I find Prospan?
You can order Prospan cough syrup here.